Thursday, January 6, 2011

Bittersweet Moments Sweetened With Mini's Cupcakes



Today is my last Thursday at work. Meaning, tomorrow is my last day at my current employer. There have been definite highs and lows at my job. The highs, absolutely being the opportunity to meet and work with some of the most magnificent people I will ever come into contact with.
Evidence of this?

Mini's Cupcakes. My favorite Salt Lake cupcakery, for good reason.


Why do I love Mini's? I've eaten about a million cupcakes. Although, it certainly felt like the majority was in a span of two weeks while we were searching out the best cupcake in New York at Serious Eats. I've never been so sugared out in my life. After eating all these cupcakes, and swearing them off for a period of time, I was able to return to Utah, and return to Mini's.

They are the perfect size. Enough to satiate but not so much that you wish you could die or pull all of your teeth after consuming one. More importantly, they are always moist, have excellent flavor balance, and have frosting and ganaches that are blended well and not grainy or sickeningly sweet. As an added bonus, Leslie has incredibly fun and delightful flavors that tease the palate into wanting more.

What did my wonderful friend and co-worker delight me with? From top left: Black & White, S'More Please, Diva. Bottom left: Twister Sister, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Chocoholic. Leslie (the owner and baker) pretty much had my heart when she started combining salty and sweet - and made delicious ganaches.



Mini's also does seasonal flavors. This holiday season, I was fortunate enough to experience a Gingerbread with Cream Cheese, Eggnog (filled with eggnog custard) topped with Eggnog Buttercream (and an optional splash of rum), Pumpkin Chocolate Chip, Dark Chocolate with Dark Chocolate Peppermint Ganache, and a Dark Chocolate with Nutella spread. Wowee - my heart did little flutters when I saw what was coming out.

Lastly, you should see what my breakfast of champions was completed by. (If you didn't see this coming, you haven't figured me out yet)

1 comment: