Sunday, January 16, 2011

Shiny New Product Review: Taco Bell's Beefy Crunch Burrito - An Epic Fail






It breaks my heart to say this.  Taco Bell, you have really failed this time.

It all started with my bi-weekly visit to Taco Bell to pick up my usual, a Crunchwrap Supreme and a Grilled Chicken Burrito (and don't forget the all important Baja Blast).  I noticed there was a new item on the menu - a Beefy Crunch Burrito.  It looked and sounded delicious.  When I pulled up to order, I asked what happened to be in this appealing new item.  Most importantly, what made it crunch?  The answer?  "Layers of seasoned ground beef, rice, warm nacho cheese sauce, reduced fat sour cream and Flamin’ Hot (R) Fritos(R) wrapped in a warm, flour tortilla."  

I'll be honest, the Hot Fritos threw me.  What had initially sounded so amazing suddenly sounded a little not so amazing.  I love Fritos.  The thing that was bothering me more than anything was the scary bright orange color - Frito deliciousness this was not.  

Curiosity got the best of me and a few weeks later I made the giant leap.  Here's the real failure.  Taco Bell began their failure path years ago when they got rid of my beloved Chilito.  If you're not familiar with the Chilito, it was only Taco Bell's greatest creation.  Now here comes another one.

IMAG0038.jpg


The Beefy Crunch Burrito?  Not crunchy.  Either the worker bee totally forgot to put the crazy orange Fritos in my burrito or by the time I got home (a matter of minutes) the crunchy had turned into the same soft texture as the rest of my burrito.  I kept taking bites searching for some crunch, but alas, no crunchy peep from my burrito.

IMAG0039.jpg

IMAG0040.jpg


Fail Taco Bell.  Have you had any Taco Bell failures that hurt your heart a little?

2 comments:

  1. This does hurt my heart. TB has failed me a few times, but in smaller forms. I get the Cheesybeanandriceburrito. On occasion I get some un-cooked pieces of rice. I do understand though that TB is extremely authentic Mexican food and NOT Asian,so really they just cannot be blamed for their lack of rice cooking skills :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the TB drive through by your house last week just to get a Dr. Pepper. When I got to the order window and tried to get my beverage, they informed me they were out. Pffft.

    ReplyDelete