Sunday, May 23, 2010

Shiny New Product Review: Oreo Dairy Queen Blizzard Creme


Okay friends, I know you all rely on me to be the guinea pig and eat things for you.  So of course I HAD to buy these new Oreos.  Absolutely no choice in the matter.  Sometimes, I just have to accept my lot in life.  Also,  kudos to Nabisco.  First they lured me into becoming their Facebook Friend in order to get a buy one get one free coupon for Oreos and now they have tempted me into test driving a new product for them.

When I saw the post come up on my newsreel I knew I had to try them.  I have fond memories of Dairy Queen as a child - ice cream cakes, deliciously seasoned french fries, and most importantly, Blizzards.  What can I say?  I'm a glorified ice cream junkie.

Needless to say I was pretty excited at the prospect of combining two fantastic things.  It took two trips to the store before I found these on the shelf.  They were about the same price as regular Oreos but when I came home I saw that I had been gypped.  The packaging was much like that of the Fudge Covered Oreos - spaced inside so you have only half as many.


That didn't turn out to be an issue as I was in no way addicted to these.  Normally the husband lectures me on eating an entire row at the time.  Not so much with these.  Product Fail.  Don't bother buying these.  It's not that they tasted bad but regular Oreos win out any day of the week.  The chocolate cookie is rock hard and you could risk breaking a tooth.  And the cream is nothing special.  I was momentarily excited when I opened the Oreo up and saw the little cookie bits but that passed when I bit in.  The cream and cookie combination actually tasted like a generic Oreo - which I think are a crime against humanity.  Nabisco, I'm afraid you've disappointed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment